Leadership is the direction from the top management to achieve certain goals in an organization. A good leadership creates good environment for work and motivate staffs to be involved to meet its customer requirements. Leadership is the fifth term and clause of ISO 9001:2015 Standard. A plenty of works have been described in this clause for the top management. Some of the major responsibilities have been described in below:
- Take accountability of effectiveness of the quality management system
- Be focused on customer satisfaction
- Establish, implement and maintain a quality policy and share it to all interested parties
- Engaging, directing and supporting persons for effective implementation of QMS
- Work on improvement.
- Ensure customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements are met
- Identify the risks and opportunity which can affect the products or services it provides
- The focus on enhancing customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Assigning the roles and responsibilities and authorities of the staffs
- Ensure the enough resources are there for effectively implementation of QMS