Changes to iso 9001 is coming. Following are the key changes in CD copy of ISO 9001:2015:
What’s are new in ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 9001 and some other management system standards like 22301,(Social security – Business continuity management systems),20121(Event sustainability management systems),30301 (Information and documentation – Management systems for records), and some other management system standards are going to have unique and common structure
- Process approach idea has been emphasized. Specific requirements for adopting a process approach. idea has been recommended strongly
- Preventive action has been replaced with risk management process
- Two new clauses have been added to the draft standard. : a) 4.1 Understanding the organization and its context and b) 4.2 Understanding the needs and expectations of interested parties.
- 8 quality management principles have been changed into 7 principles
- Instead of only Product, product and service have been including in this draft standard
- Documents and Records have been combined into documented information
- Exclusion has been withdrawn
- Work environment (clause 6 of 2008) has changed into “Environment for the operation of processes”.
- Purchased product has been changed into “externally provided products and services”.
- The word “supplier” has been replaced with “External provider”.
Those are the major changes to ISO 9001 of 2015 version/